Thursday, August 26, 2010

we are family - get up everybody & sing

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well!

Right now is a time of transition for so many people. School is starting. Many of my friends are starting new semesters of school or new jobs in schools. Now is a big time of change and transition and new beginnings. Along with that comes excitement, sadness and uncertainty. But I praise God and our Lord Jesus Christ who is the same yesterday and today and forever! (Hebrews 13:8)

Lots of transition is going on around here, too! We found out early last week that the Branson property was closing and their Bigs and Littles were moving here. New Bigs from both Branson and here arrived last Wednesday and have been involved in training since then. The Bigs who have been here since last August will be leaving this coming Sunday and the new Bigs will begin their year. There have also been several changes in our program as Bigs, and there will be many more people on property. We will almost have a full house with 13 Bigs and about 21 Littles! Crazy!

I have been involved in some training with the new Bigs, which has been good. I am so excited to get to know a new group of people and have been so blessed by them so far. It will be weird and sad to say good-bye to the rest of the old Bigs this weekend - women with whom I have lived for the past 8 months. They have taught me so much and their presence will be missed greatly. However, I am looking forward to the new community that the Lord has already created with us as a new group and how He will work these next 4 months.

Last night, we went over to the director's house for dinner. Afterwards, we all sat around and shared our testimonies with one another for almost 5 hours. It was incredible to sit in a room with 20 of my brothers and sisters and listen to how the Lord has brought us each into a relationship with Him in unique and personal ways. It was this beautiful picture of Christ, the many ways He works in our lives, through struggle, sin, pain, loss, anger, deception and gives us grace, forgiveness, love, hope, life, comfort and freedom! People were willing to be vulnerable and honest in ways that they had failed and struggled, doubted God or denied Him at times, all brought together to this place ready to see what His is going to do in us and through us. I felt so blessed to be there with them all, to feel united in a single purpose, each with different gifts and personalities that I know He will use for His  purposes. I know the next four months will be tough at times, we will come into conflict with one another, but I know there will be fun times, sweet fellowship and a beauty as we are broken together. I am so excited and grateful! I have already enjoyed the time I have been able to spend with them and look forward to what we will get to experience together in the months ahead! This has been such a strong desire of my heart and I can only praise the Lord for His faithfulness of the community here!

With all the transition comes a wide variety of emotions and fears. There is still a lot of details to be worked out and inconsistencies to be worked through. Through the merging of two different groups of people, I am interested to see what the interactions between Littles and Bigs as we all join at one location will look like. Pray that we would remain focused on Him as He provides all we need through this time of transition, that we would all be transformed to look more like Him in the process!

I miss you all very much and am so blessed by your willingness to follow me in this journey. May you be blessed wherever the Lord has you and know Him more intimately today! Much love always! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment